Kuala Lumpur - Intro To Specialty & Barista Skills
Prerequisites - None
Duration - 4 Hours
This is the starting course for the majority of learners, regardless of their skill level, however, it is by no means a basic coffee course. In this workshop you will cover some meaty content as well as a building your practical skills in the hands on activities, making it perfect for new baristas, home enthusiasts or experienced baristas looking to develop their theory or keep up-to-date with detailed industry information.
This class contains the following content:
- Coffee knowledge - comprehensive overview of how coffee is grown, processed and traded
- Espresso preparation techniques – a skill building session to develop great techniques for dosing, distributing and tamping
- Quality evaluation training – using a standard dose, we will correlate the visual appearance of an espresso extraction with the resulting tastes
- Extraction theory – what compounds are extracting, when and why
- Brew parameter adjustments – dose and grind; how, when and why to adjust
- Espresso recipes – how to measure dose weights, beverage weights and extraction time to make grind adjustments and achieve optimum taste results
- Milk steaming and pouring – a short, 45 minute introduction to these concepts
- Cleaning and maintenance – how and what to clean on your espresso machine and grinder to achieve consistent results.